The Holiday Inn Express London – Stratford is located on the High Street, a short walk from Stratford Tube, Train and Bus station. The newly opened Stratford High Street DLR is only a 3 minute walk frm the hotel. Here are some of the many attractions nearby to the Hotel:
- Westfield Stratford City – Europe’s largest urban shopping centre at 1.9 million sq ft. It hosts a dynamic and targeted mixture of over 300 brands anchored by John Lewis, Waitrose, Marks & Spencer and a 17-screen Vue cinema, Bowling Alley and UK’s largest casino will open in December 2011.
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – located in the Borough of Newham, Stratford was the centre of London 2012 Olympic Games. The main stadium will now be the home ground for West Ham United Football Club and also host the 2015 Rugby World Cup. The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is also at the heart of a prestigious new development, Stratford City.
- The ArcelorMittal Orbit is the UK’s tallest sculpture in the heart of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, designed by Anish Kapoor and Cecil Balmond. A visitor attraction and a lasting legacy of the 2012 Olympic Games held in London.
- London Aquatics Centre, the most technologically advanced and stunning swimming facility in the World and it was one of the main venues of the 2012 Olympic Games. Designed for swimmers of all abilities, from absolute beginners to Olympic and Paralympic champions, London Aquatics Centre offers a wide-ranging programme of activities, from fun and family sessions, lane swimming, diving, swimming lessons, diving lessons, community swim sessions and other aquatic disciplines.
- Stratford International Station opened in December 2009 and will provide one of the best connected locations in the country – only 7 minutes to/from London St Pancras on the new high-speed rail service and just over two hours to Paris on the Eurostar from London St Pancras.
- University of East London has a site in Stratford site, with renovated historic buildings sitting alongside modern purpose built-labs and centres of excellence
- Theatre Royal – opened in 1884, it has undergone many changes and seats up to 460 people on three levels, with all seats having a good view of the stage.
- Birkbeck College is a world-class research and teaching institution, a vibrant centre of academic excellence and London’s only specialist provider of evening higher education.